Facts about The Villages
1. Forbes Magazine named The Villages as the fastest growing town (under 100,000) in the United States from 2007 to 2010, about 25% more than second fastest Pecos, Texas, and far ahead of the rest in the top 25 fastest.
2. New home sales in The Villages continue to average approximately 200-250 per month.
3. Half of the people buying homes in The Villages pay cash for their house.
4. The average household income for home buyers in The Villages is $93,800.
5. The Villages property area covers over 32 square miles and 23,000 acres.
a. There are over 100 miles of golf cart paths.
6. The Villages occupies parts of three counties in Florida (Lake, Sumter & Marion).
7. The population of the Villages grows by approximately 4,500 annually.
8. The Villages is planned to be home to 2.7 million square feet of commercial buildings and retail tenants.
9. There are over 2,200 organized clubs in The Villages.
10. There are currently 63 recreation centers in The Villages.
Golf is not the only thing that Villages offers their residents. This video is amazing.